Democratic Candidate Alisha Thomas Searcy for Superintendent of Education is a Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing. The Queen of privatization of public education does not deserve the Democratic vote
In the African American community, we have a saying: “Every brother ain’t a brother.” So, it is also true that every Democrat is not a Democrat. I believe that to be the case with Democratic candidate Alisha Thomas Searcy, formerly Alisha Thomas Morgan.
For sure the Democratic Party is and has for some time been a big tent party but there are limits to the Party’s diversity. The Party cannot afford anymore elected officials like Senators Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema who are personally responsible for the John Lewis Voting Rights Act languishing in the Senate. They are also why the Democrats can’t pass a national bill protecting a woman’s right to make the most intimate decisions about her health and body.
Searcy is our Manchin and Sinema at the state level. Her bona fides and experiences are in the charter school movement. Let me state for the record, some charter schools are public and not all of them are bad. But it is not just that she is a charter school champion, she is anti-public education. Her legislative and professional careers bear this out:
- In 2008 she voted to undermine local authority by voting for the Georgia Charter School Commission Act
- In 2012 she rescued state charter schools by co-sponsoring House Resolution 1162 that gave the Commission new power to create state charter schools
- In 2013 she co-sponsored HB 123 that gave parents the right to fire a local school principal and convert the school into a charter
- In 2014 she supported the Opportunity School District constitutional amendment that would have given the Governor special powers to takeover school systems
- In 2015 she was hired as the ED for Ivy Preparatory Academy, a controversial multi-campus charter school organization
The list goes on and on. She is the poster child of the movement to undermine public education and weaken the power and control of local elected school board members.
Public school systems need more funding, innovation, and new pedagogies for student learning. But handing over public education to corporatists and the private sector is not the answer. Now that Searcy is experiencing blowback and rejection because of her treasonous past, she is whinnying to the media that Democratic Gov. Candidate Stacey Abrams won’t take a photo with her. And that other Democratic leaders are “dissing” and isolating her. Searcy needs to stop trying to hurt the other leading Democratic candidates by blaming them for something she did to herself.
You reap what you sow. If you make your bed hard you must sleep in it. Traitors deserve no mercy. Time’s up Alisha–The chickens have come home to roost!
2 thoughts on “Time’s up Alisha–The Chickens Have Come Home to Roost!”
I agree. She sucks and has sucked for a very long time.
You have again taught me something new. Among others: “Every brother ain’t a brother.”
Your brother in faith,
Bob Culver 404-444-6956 http://www.iface.org IFace President Emeritus & ACMI Board Chair My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. Ps 27:8